There are no open staff positions at this time.
Front of House – Ushers
The Usher is responsible for the seating and the safety of patrons in all performance venues in The Performing Arts Center. This is a customer service position that requires excellent people skills and an upbeat, can-do attitude. Applications can be picked up in the Administrative Office of the Performing Arts Center. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Click here for full job description.
Box Office Sales
The Performing Arts Center at Purchase College hires personable and self-motivated individuals for part-time box office sales. Must be organized and detail-oriented, preferably with customer service experience. Computerized ticketing system (Tessitura) knowledge preferred but willing to train. Flexible schedule. Shifts available days, evenings, and weekends. Must be available to work over summer break.
Resumes may be submitted for future consideration to Tania Mather, Box Office Manager.
The Marketing Intern reports to the Director of Marketing. This is a part-time internship, requiring a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Informing the campus community about events at The PAC / $5 Rush sale dates; encouraging attendance and participation via distribution of flyers, creating campus e-blasts, social media efforts, website updates
- Gathering information such as photos, quotes, articles, videos and reviews about upcoming performances and artists
- Posting event information to various local and regional websites
- Clipping and filing advertising tear sheets
- Proofreading of ads and marketing materials
- Misc office work: purchase orders, check requests, creating / updating spreadsheets to track marketing efforts, and other paperwork as needed
- Creating and analyzing audience surveys
- Research projects
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of marketing principals
- Familiarity with office software (Word, Excel)
- Some familiarity with graphic design software a plus (Photoshop, InDesign)
If interested, please e-mail your resume to Mara Rupners, Director of Marketing, email@example.com. No phone calls please.